The mission of our school library program is to stimulate curiosity, creativity, and collaborative skills while building the knowledge base of our students. Librarians guide learners as they access resources; examine, analyze, and enjoy the works of others; and create and share works of their own. As a result, our students will develop an appreciation of reading and become effective, ethical, and discriminating users of information and technology.
Hours of Operation
|Passage Library||Access Catalog|
NNPS encourages all of its students to read during the summer for enjoyment, leisure, and learning. We have compiled a list of suggested books that are fun, engaging, mysterious, thought-provoking, informative, meaningful, inventive, inspiring, motivational, and more!
Online Subscription Databases
NOTE: The Online Subscription Databases requires a user login name and password, please see the library staff to obtain the user name and password.
What you can find at the Passage Library
- Help with finding the materials you need
- Summer Reading Lists
- A community of readers-Passage Reads program
- Suggestions for good books to read
- New books added on a regular basis
- Popular magazines
- Computer access
- On-line resources
- Assistance using the Inquiry process when doing research
- Strategies for becoming Information Literate
Copyright Advisory Network Book Reviews
- Young Adults (& Kids) Book Central - reviews by all readers, including librarians who work with YAs
- teenreads.com - part of The Book Report Network, a group of websites founded in 1996 that share thoughtful book reviews
- Book Spot - Links to other resources for teen readers
Protecting the Gray Wolf
- Brainpop.com - Animated movies, interactive quizzes, experiments and other activities
- Finditva.com - full range of databases, including science, business, technology, literature.
- Proquest.umi.com/pqdweb - Professional education journal articles.
- tumblebooklibrary.com - Animated talking picture books, puzzles, quizzes.
- unitedstreaming.com - Educational video clips, image gallery
- Timeline Archive
- Thomas Gale
- Teen Health and Wellness